Aerobic Bacteria Are Critical To Saving Failed Septic Systems
- Inefficient anaerobic bacteria reduce wastewater strength about 30% – 40% in the septic tank. Therefore, the drainfield must perform 60% – 70% of the water cleansing.
- Highly efficient Aerobic bacteria reduce wastewater strength more than 90% in the septic tank. Therefore, the drainfield must perform only 10% or less of the water cleansing.
- Converting your septic tank to a vigorous aerobic process with the Aero-Stream product reduces the work load on your drainfield allowing it to recover.
- Aerobic bacteria dramatically improve the quality of wastewater leaving a septic tank versus anaerobic bacteria.
- Anaerobic septic tanks produce rotten egg-like odor.
- Aerobic tanks have only an earthy musty sent-like topsoil.
- Anaerobic systems produce corrosive hydrogen sulfide gas that deteriorate metal and concrete tanks and distribution boxes.
- Aero-Stream can successfully execute a controlled aerobic conversion of your septic tank, saving your system and thousands of dollars compared to system replacement!
Incoming sewage or influent arrives in the septic tank containing both aerobic and anaerobic bacteria. It is important to understand the following:
- Aerobic Bacteria needs oxygen to live.
- Anaerobic Bacteria do not need oxygen to live.
A very important function of the septic tank is to allow bacteria to convert organic material into energy the bacteria then uses for its life functions.
This conversion is what breaks down the organic solids in the wastewater into simpler solids and gas, making the wastewater leaving the septic tank comparatively cleaner than what comes into it.
However, since most septic tanks do not contain oxygen, the aerobic bacteria quickly die off, leaving the job of breaking down waste to the anaerobic bacteria. Consequently, most septic tanks contain an anaerobic environment.
Why Do Anaerobic Septic Tanks Produce Odor?
Anaerobic septic tanks emit a rotten egg like odor.
The odor is a characteristic of corrosive hydrogen sulfide gas, a byproduct of the anaerobic respiration processes.
Both anaerobic and aerobic respiration processes need to have atoms or molecules willing to accept electrons to get the respiration processes started. Aerobic respiration uses oxygen, one of nature’s best electron acceptors.
Anaerobic respiration, however, must settle for less efficient options like sulfate (containing sulfur atoms). When the chemical reactions are completed, the odorous and corrosive hydrogen sulfide gas is eventually produced.
Why Aerobic is Superior to Anaerobic
Converting an anaerobic septic tank to an aerobic one will save a failing septic system. This is because there is a huge difference in the ability of aerobic bacteria to breakdown organic material as compared to anaerobic bacteria:
- aerobic bacteria will generate 20 times or more energy from the same amount of organic material than anaerobic bacteria.
- aerobic bacteria will reproduce and consume organic material at an explosive rate as compared to anaerobic bacteria.
For large municipal wastewater treatment plants, aeration and aerobic treatment of wastewater has been in use for more than 100 years.
For residential and commercial septic systems, introducing aerobic bacterial environments in septic tanks created through a carefully controlled aeration process reduces the amount of organic material leaving the septic tank by 90% or more.
This is how Aero-Stream’s patented septic aeration process successfully remediates and extends the life of failed and failing septic systems for a fraction of the cost of septic system replacement.
Are You Experiencing ...
Aero-Stream® products fix these problems WITHOUT REPLACING YOUR SEPTIC SYSTEM . . . GUARANTEED . . . LOW COST . . . fits ANY TYPE of system ACROSS THE U.S. AND CANADA!
Aero-Stream® was first!
- Aero-Stream® patented the first retrofit septic remediation system.
- Aero-Stream® has the #1 rated septic aerator and proven septic aeration systems.
Aero-Stream® has experience! We are a Technology Company.
- Aero-Stream® has been restoring septic systems for 11 years.
- We are your #1 Authority on septic systems! Learn more on our Septic Systems blog.
- Aero-Stream® is a subsidiary of Engineered Solutions, Inc., an engineering company innovating and solving problems for over 17 years.
- Engineered Solutions, Inc. has developed Aero-Spa™ a break-through chemical free hot tub water treatment available for over 6 years.
- Aero-Stream® has thousands of customers across North America.
- Aero-Stream® is the ONLY company including the Bio-Brush™ with each product!