Septic System Costs: “Why So High?”
Replacing Your Septic System Is Unnecessary. Contrary to what you may have been told, an affordable alternative does exist. Why have you not heard of this solution? Read on …
The Septic System Owners Manual / Understanding Septic System Costs
- The average costs for septic system replacement, including financing, range from $6,000 to $50,000!
- Up to 50% of the cost of septic system replacement is profit for the installer and therefore our solution is rarely mentioned.
- Most regulators are risk averse and avoid breakthrough technology.
- Septic system failure occurs, on average, every 15 years!
- There is a huge cost difference between an aerobic septic system and an anaerobic septic system.
- Aerobic conversion of failed septic systems rejuvenates and extends the life of the system – saving thousands of dollars!
- Even if the regulators are forcing you to replace your system, make sure this is the last time you do it!
- Discover that Aero-Stream® can successfully execute a controlled aerobic conversion of your new, failed or failing septic system for under $1500!
Cost Analysis of Options to Repair a Failed Septic System
The costs to repair a failed septic system depends on whether you choose system replacement or conversion from an anaerobic to an aerobic system with an Aero-Stream product.
|Facts: Every anaerobic septic system has a finite service life.Anaerobic systems will need replacement about every 15 years during the service life of the home or dwelling.|
The majority of system failures are caused by the byproducts of the anaerobic biochemical process.
One damaging byproduct is the clogging of the drainfield by the biomat.
Another damaging byproduct is concrete corrosion that begins with the creation of hydrogen sulfide gas.
Converting an anaerobic septic system to an aerobic septic system can indefinitely extend the life of the system when combined with septic system best practices.
System Replacement Options
The most common types of septic systems installed and the cost ranges for each are:
- Gravity fed drainfields of all types: $5,000 to $10,000, or an average of $7,500.
- Mounds: $10,000 to $50,000, or an average of $30,000.
- ATU’s: $10,000 to $15,000, or an average of $12,500.
The costs to install a new system are most often financed. For this analysis, an interest rate of 7% and a 15 year amortization period will be used. The landscaping costs vary wildly, so for this analysis, $1,000 is included to get the lawn or garden back to usable condition. The totals for the present value of the loan for each option plus the landscaping costs are:
- Gravity fed drainfields: $7,500 principal + $4,634 interest + $1,000 landscaping costs = $13,134
- Mounds: $30,000 principal + $18,537 interest + $1,000 landscaping costs = $49,537
- ATU’s: $12,500 principal + $7224 interest + $1,000 landscaping costs = $21,224
The cost of an Aero-Stream septic system restoration product is under $1,500 and there are no landscaping costs to consider.
The comparison is stark. You save thousands, and in some cases tens of thousands, of dollars when you choose Aero-Stream over system replacement.
Septic System Maintenance Costs
Maintenance costs are the same regardless if the system is aerobic or anaerobic. Maintenance costs are comprised mostly of septic tank pumping by a professional pumper or plumber.
The pumping frequency varies with each system, however, most systems require pumping every 3 to 4 years and many local health departments have more frequent pumping requirements. Furthermore, as a system nears its service life, pumping frequency often increases. Using the national averages, maintenance costs are as follows:
- $210 (average cost to pump)/3.5 years (average pumping frequency) = $60/year or $5/month
- The total cost for 15 years is: $900
You can dramatically lower your septic system cost of ownership if you choose an Aero-Stream septic system restoration product when your system fails.
Think about this: If your system fails after 15 years and you must finance a new system, you never eliminate a monthly loan payment. But, if you choose to remediate and save your failed septic system by installing an Aero-Stream® product, the only reoccurring expense after the purchase would be the pumping fees – you save thousands of dollars.
By installing a patented Aero-Stream® product, a successful, controlled conversion of your septic system from an anaerobic to an aerobic biochemical process can be executed. You will virtually eliminate the most common causes of septic system failure while increasing the life expectancy of your septic system indefinitely and saving yourself thousands of dollars.
The Septic System Owners Manual
|Nobody plans for the expense of having septic tank problems. Whether your septic system is new or failing, this manual is a must read for any homeowner.|
Understand the causes and discover the solutions to your septic system and septic tank problems.
Are You Experiencing ...
Aero-Stream® products fix these problems WITHOUT REPLACING YOUR SEPTIC SYSTEM . . . GUARANTEED . . . LOW COST . . . fits ANY TYPE of system ACROSS THE U.S. AND CANADA!
Aero-Stream® was first!
- Aero-Stream® patented the first retrofit septic remediation system.
- Aero-Stream® has the #1 rated septic aerator and proven septic aeration systems.
Aero-Stream® has experience! We are a Technology Company.
- Aero-Stream® has been restoring septic systems for 11 years.
- We are your #1 Authority on septic systems! Learn more on our Septic Systems blog.
- Aero-Stream® is a subsidiary of Engineered Solutions, Inc., an engineering company innovating and solving problems for over 17 years.
- Engineered Solutions, Inc. has developed Aero-Spa™ a break-through chemical free hot tub water treatment available for over 6 years.
- Aero-Stream® has thousands of customers across North America.
- Aero-Stream® is the ONLY company including the Bio-Brush™ with each product!